Tabs

Monday, July 8, 2013

ScrewNado!

As most of you know, I work as a staff assistant with the county.  I’m basically everybody’s bitch, and frankly, I’m really good at it. However, in the past year or so, there has been a lot of re-organization happening, and three out of the five managers that I assisted are no longer with us. This leaves a lot of free time for me. I’ve been saying to my boss that I need more job tasks, but all I would ever get was, “Oh, you’ll get some!” but I never got some… until now.

I was  sitting at my desk this morning, minding my own business, when an email popped up from my boss’ boss.  Basically, someone at another office quit, and they needed a Front Desk Assistant RIGHTNOW. My ever-helpful boss (let’s call him John), shoots out an email to the Assistant Directors that *I* can go down there for the time being. Uh, wait, WHAT?

Yeah – so for this week (and possibly into next week), I am going to be reporting to another office/department and filling in at a position that I have no idea how it works. Thanks, guys.  If I didn't feel insecure about my job and how unimportant I was to this group, I sure do feel it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment