Tabs

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Change is good? Not always...

Hello, my name is Lazy, and I work for the government. Not the Bad Government, like the IRS or the local (city-owned) electric company, but the Okay Government. I am basically the Probation Office. Anything court related, we help you navigate it and come out the other side. Traffic tickets? DUI? Shoplifting? Attempted murder? Yeah, I've seen all you guys.

Well, working in a service-based location, like we are, the Director decided that we needed to be open non-standard hours, so starting tomorrow, we are going to be opening at 7am (instead of 8:30), and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, closing at 6pm (instead of 5).  However, to do that, there are some clerical/admin positions that will need to be adjusted.  Some people adjusted their schedules to work 4-10 hour shifts. Some people will come in at 7, and leave at 3. I will need to come in later on Tuesday and Thursday, to cover for the people who leave at 3. 

Seems fair. Seems like it won't be too much of an issue.  Two days a week, I'll just work until 6pm.

Here's the problem - Tuesdays and Thursdays are my run days. I already had a tight schedule BEFORE this change... this is going to throw a huge wrench in my plans. 

So, what should I do? 

I could run in the morning?  Maybe; I drive hubby to work, and if he works at 7am, I could fit in 20 minutes before I have to take the kiddo to school, then I can shower and get ready for work when I get back.

I could run after work, still?  I would get home around 6:15, and after changing, would be on the treadmill by 6:30. That would push dinner back to at least 7:45. Which would push back BED to almost 9pm.  I don't want to eat dinner at almost 8 at night.

I could change my run days?  It would be easy to swap Monday for Tuesday, but Thursday is a sticky point; Wednesdays are my bi-weekly massage therapy days, so I would have to do Wednesday one week, and possibly Friday the following week, and Fridays are my NO GO FOR ANYTHING days.  I come home, I put on sweat pants, I grab my book and I CHILL.  I really don't want to give up my Fridays.

I could keep my run days and have hubby or the kiddo cook dinner?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA! Ah, that was a good laugh, I needed that....

So, that's where we are right now. I am going to try my damndest to make this work, but I'm not optimistic.  This IS just a 'trial' run (the hours change), so maybe it will suck, and we'll go back to normal in a few months?


No comments:

Post a Comment