Tabs

Thursday, November 5, 2015

I'm a Queen! (Crown Saga, Part 4)

Here we are.

Again.

Another day, another shot to look out of this window
Truly not tired of going to the dentist at all.

Sigh.

But, at least today is the day I get my Big Girl Crowns!

Step one, was of course, popping off the fake crowns, and biting down on some gauze to keep the area moist. Mmm, moist. I can't remember at this point if they even gave me any Novacaine this time. I don't think they did. I could be wrong (all these visits seem to run together!)

Nom Nom Nom
 Once the fake ones were off, Cassie began fitting on the permanent ones.

Goodbye, Bat Boy smile!
I got to hold the spit sucker!

This thing sucks. Really!
Once they were fitted in, we hopped over to the x-ray machine to make sure they were up where they needed to be. More biting down on things was involved.

Bite it, bitch
When Dr. S was happy with the fit, they cemented them into my face and now I have a pretty new (pretty expensive) smile!

Cheese!!!
Cassie told me how to care for them - brush and floss like you should, don't use your front teeth to pull or open things (like ketchup) and don't bite down on hard foods like carrots. I honestly LOLed at carrots. Girl, you don't know me very well!

Finally!  My crown saga is over. I have normal looking teeth again. I don't have to worry about them falling out of my face, and I'm not too worried about my smile to actually smile.  Was it worth $1000?  Yeah.  Is that a very PAINFUL $1000?  HELL YEAH.

I'm going to let my credit card cool down a bit before starting on my next round of dental work!



No comments:

Post a Comment