Tabs

Thursday, May 28, 2020

I Gotta Get Outta Here! - I went to Disney Springs!!


A few days ago, Disney announced that they were finally ready (and able) to reopen Disney Springs on May 20th. While I didn't want to go on the first day they reopened (I knew it would be crowded with bloggers and crazy people), I knew I needed a Disney Fix, and frankly... I needed to get the hell away from my computer and my crazy-lefty town.

Hubby and I ended up driving down to Disney Springs on Tuesday, May 26th, which turned out to be a good date; it was after Memorial Day, but the day before Disney reopened all of the Disney-owned properties. 

As we always do, we hit up Circle K and made our way south, and let me tell you, driving onto property was a little spooky; the roads were practically empty. I think we passed 4 cars from SR429 to Disney Springs.

Because crowds were so unbelievably low, we were able to get a sweet parking spot right by the garage exit. There were new security in place - first we had to wear masks (we each wore one of my Celebration Half Marathon buff/gaiter things), and we had to get our temperature scanned. If we passed, we got a sticker. Once we got our sticker, we were allowed to go downstairs to Disney Springs.


Once we were actually there, I had a moment of... why are we even here? Most of the stores that were open were stores we don't go to anyway. I'd made reservations for lunch at The Boathouse, but once we got there, we weren't really in the mood for it, so we cancelled the reservation (points to Open Table app for how easy it was to use!).

We walked down to Chicken Guy for lunch, then sat in a corner by the window and did some people watching.


After lunch, we moseyed back, stopping at the Keihl's, solely because they give out free samples of their products. There were about 5 employees in the store and they looked bored. I wandered the store first, then made my way to the back where I met with one employee (with spectacularly fake eyebrows), who asked me some questions about my skin and gave me samples. 
After trying them for a month, I can say that the Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Cleanser Face Wash ($28) smelled not pleasant (it wasn't UNpleasant, if that makes sense), it hardly lathered, rinsed clean, and felt nice afterward. The Powerful-Strength Vitamin C Serum ($68) went on velvety soft and felt really lovely on my skin. Lastly, the Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream ($50) felt silky, with no greasy feel, and applied very easily. Of all the products, I loved the serum the most, but I'm hesitant to ever spend that much on a facial product.
Anyway, our last stop was at Basin, a store I've never been to before. Oooh, I like Basin. Everything smelled amazing, but unlike a store like Bath & Body Works, it wasn't overwhelming and it didn't make my eyeballs itch. I ended up purchasing three Shower Bombs (in Clementine and Relaxation, which smells just like Flight of Passage). They smell amazing and I look forward to using them at home.

With a stop at Wawa, we made our way home, rejuvenated after a quick Disney fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment