Tabs

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How about now?

So, last week was The Kiddo's driving test.  She failed, because she didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Tears ensued once we got home. Then jokes.

Over the weekend, we drove all around town, practicing jerky stops. We also practiced pulling out of parking spots and using our turn signal in 3-point turns.

Finally though, it was time to try again.  I left work early and we headed over to the driving school.  I dropped her off and headed back to the house. I didn't run today, because I didn't know how long it would take her to pass her test.

After an hour, I went back to the driving school, and she was already done, and standing outside with her teacher. I pulled up to her and she told me that she passed, but.... her teacher wanted to talk to me.

According to her teacher, she still needs to work on going faster and having more confidence behind the wheel. She's a very tentative driver, and will go much slower than the speed limit, if I didn't poke her every now and then.

But, she PASSED!! I'm so proud of her!  She didn't let the screw-up of last week get in to her head!!

She got in the car and I gave her a huge high five, then we headed home to have celebratory pizza for dinner.

Of course, she can't actually GET her license until next February, but it's still awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment