Tabs

Monday, November 5, 2018

I Do Not Have a Witty Title, I Would Like my Candy Anyway - Wine & Dine Weekend Volunteering 2018


You guys know that I can write 15 pages on breaking a finger nail, but I got nothin' for this blog post.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I don't have a lot of photos, because I still haven't replaced my lost Samsung point & shoot.

So this may be my shortest volunteer report so far!

We drove down on November 2nd, after grabbing snacks at Circle K. We got to the expo and did our shift. We were gEAR this time (instead of Shirt Exchange).

After we finished at the expo, we headed over and checked in at our resort, then popped over to Disney Springs for dinner at Chicken Guy. On our way out, we made a pit stop at World of Disney to pick up a "12 Days of Socks" box, because I'm a HUGE novelty sock person (Stacey & Clinton be damned!). I got a dozen pairs of socks for just under $28! Wow!! 

Included 6 pairs of crew socks and 6 pairs of low-cut socks
(ETA: Now that I've worn all of them, I can say that I like the crew socks, the kind that go up your ankle a bit, more than I like the no-shows. The no-shows don't fit me well, so I'll pass those down to the Kiddo who doesn't mind those kind of socks).

9 of the 12 pairs of socks (I forgot to take photos of the rest...)
On Saturday, we were Screaming Fans. We got Wawa sodas and some donuts from Krispy Kreme for breakfast. 

We walked around backstage and on-stage Epcot before runners came through.

Inside the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride showbuilding
Hello beautiful!
Food & Wine Festival Photo-Op
World Showcase Lagoon
Most people don't even realize you can actually USE this!
Weather was uncharacteristically chilly that morning, even though the weather said it'd be in the 60s and 70s! I was expecting it to be a lot warmer than it was, so I only wore a tee-shirt and a tank underneath (swapped out the tee for the volunteer shirt). I think part of the problem was that we were stationed right by Spaceship Earth, the biggest wind tunnel I've ever experienced! I ended up putting my original tee back on, over the tank, under the volunteer shirt, put on my gloves and my scarf (I did remember those in my backpack), stuck my arms in Hubby's tee shirt to cover bare skin, and spent a lot of time in a back CM-only hallway. I wasn't the best volunteer today, y'all...

Cast hallway behind Spaceship Earth
We finished by 9am or so, thawed on the bus and headed back to the hotel for a few hours before we came back to Epcot for lunch.

Fountain of Nations
The Tequila Torture - having to walk through Mexico!
We split a large pizza at Via Napoli, always a great meal. With the pizza and two sodas, it was $37 before tip.
Italy Pavilion
Our next stop was to pick up our cool Passholder exclusive Food & Wine gift; a cute little wooden cutting board.

Line of Passholders
On the way out, we took a ride on Spaceship Earf.

Ooooh... artsy!
We picked up drinks and snacks at Wawa and headed back to the hotel for the evening. We had an early rise tomorrow, so we were in bed pretty early. 

Sunday, we were working buses at the finish line again, which is fun. We also woke up to rain, which is not fun. We stopped for soda, and made our way to the volunteer tent.

This time around, I worked the Contemporary, Ft. Wilderness, &Wilderness Lodge bus and he worked the Poly, Grand Floridian, & Shades of Green bus.

Yay... cold and rainy
Hubby's over there in just his shirtsleeves...
Looking towards the finish area (gEAR pick-up on the left)
I was more prepared today. I had a tank, a long-sleeve shirt, my volunteer shirt, a waterproof windbreaker, a hat, and probably my gloves.

I look dorky, but I'm warm!

I didn't like our bus choice this time... it was very boring over there! we couldn't see a lot from where we were, so we never knew when it got busy, we didn't see anyone besides our own riders. I'd stick with the other ones we've done, in the future, as they seemed to be more fun.

Once we finished, we checked out at the volunteer tent and headed to lunch. We ventured to the Dark Side of Irlo Bronson, and went to Long John Silvers to split a Chicken & Shrimp Platter.

Doesn't sound like a lot of food, but that's okay... we had dessert on our minds! We had reservations at Beaches & Cream, where we were - once again - waited on by Herlina! 

At last! We scored a booth. We are the chosen ones!

I didn't realize until later that my phone's camera lens was all bleary
Hubby got a No Way Jose, and I got a modified Snickers sundae. With tax and tip, it was just over $21.

Snickers Sundae
No Way Jose (with pepper shaker for scale)
He'll fight you if you try to touch it!
Holy shit... I ate it ALL!
Our last stop of the trip was... you guessed it! Wawa, for travel snacks. (Though we were thoroughly TOO stuffed full of ice cream to eat any of them!)

I sure hope I get a new camera soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment