Tabs

Monday, July 15, 2013

ScrewNado 2: Electric Boogaloo

This morning, I came back to my office, after spending a week at the Other Office, and quickly, my boss (Let’s call her Gertie) popped her head in my door, asking who was at OO. I told her that I didn't know, but that I had been under the impression, after conversations last week with different bosses, that I would be filling in for the week, and then on Monday, I would be coming back here, and the other boss would figure out what to do at OO.

Apparently, I was mistaken. An hour later, Gertie and John called me into John’s office.  I was told, after being admonished for not going back to OO, that I was going to be filling in at OO “until further notice” because there was no money in the budget to hire a temp.  

I am now required to not only do MY job (from a totally different building 4 blocks away), but to do the job of the person I’m filling in for. 

Until further notice. 

I’m thinking that means more than a week….  Because of how the re-organization has been going, there have been rumors that I would be sent down here permanently, so this shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I guess I should start packing up my old office and moving in down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment