Tabs

Monday, April 8, 2024

Total Eclipse Vacation Day 5 (Enjoying a Lazy Sunday)

If you missed Day 4 of our Total Eclipse Vacation, you can catch up HERE

Thanks to the strenuous hike yesterday, I slept like the dead! I think I got up once to pee, but I didn't have my watch on so no idea what time it was. When I woke up, it was around 9ish, and Hubby was already up on his tablet. Again, I was super-stuffy, but no headache. I took more Sudafed and an Aleve. Thankfully, no I just hiked yesterday aches or pains, which seems illogical. We lazed around in bed until noon or so, which just felt delicious, since there are so few times we ever get to be this lazy, before I got out of bed to start fiddling with my camera gear. I wanted to make sure that every single battery was charged, every SD card was cleared, and every lens was ready to go. I scoped out the backyard to double-check that I'd have a clear shot of the sun tomorrow, and thanked the Internet Gods for finding this VRBO for me.

I came back in and gave my sinuses a good steaming, which may have been the grossest thing I've ever done... there was drippage and productive blows that made me wonder what was going on in there! I took a super-hot bath for more steam power, and because I felt like dirty ass after that hike yesterday (and to use up the last of those contraband Epsom salts, too!)

After that, we lazed around on the couch, talking about a whole lot of nothing, then trying to make plans for our half-day in Memphis before we had to go to the airport. I got a lovely foot rub from Hubby (he never does that stuff), and I took his ass back to bed! 

Having worked up an appetite, we decided on Fat City Steak and Grill for dinner, but when we got outside, the poor SUV looked like an entire flock of birds decided to shit all over the car! It was disgusting! Like don't touch the door handle disgusting! We had to find a car wash, but apparently there's not many gas station drive thru car washes in Jonesboro...? We drove over to Tommy's Car Wash, but it was closed. Then we drove over to Rhyno Car Wash, which was also closed. Wat the hell, Jonesboro? You guys roll up your sidewalks at 7pm on Sundays? Everything was so quiet and closed! I was just about ready to give up when we saw a Take 5 Car Wash across the intersection that was still open. We dropped $20 on a basic wash, then got the remaining little poops off with their free cleaner and rags. 

Okay, now we can go to dinner! Fat City was very quiet inside, with only a few tables occupied with families or seniors... Huh. Craighead County is a Dry County, I wonder if that has something to do with why Sundays are so quiet everywhere... Anyway, hubby got his new love, a Club Sandwich, on a croissant, with no fries, while I got a plate of chicken fingers (so adventurous, right?) He loved his sandwich, while mine was just okay. They tasted exactly like the nuggets I make at home, with a basic flour dredge, and the fries were mid. Who knows, maybe my taste buds are still broken... 

Back at the house (and parked a little further away from the tree canopy), it was time to relax and Twitter and sleep, for tomorrow is THE DAY that this whole vacation was planned around. Is it an eclipse, the apocalypse, a rapture, or just a cool scientific and planetary feature that happens? Depends on who you ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment