Tabs

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oops! Always double-check the calendar!


Now that a ginormous weight has been lifted from my shoulders (the layoff that didn’t happen), I can focus on more important things – training!

I already signed up for a 10k in St Augustine on November 17.  I am going to use that for Proof of Time to submit to Disney.

BEWARE - It starts playing music as soon as you load the page!

However, I saw a race on Active.com today that I thought I wanted to do. It’s a 5k on Veteran’s Day that benefits the Gainesville Fisher House. A Fisher House is kind of like Ronald McDonald House, but for Veterans and their families, while they (the Vets) are receiving treatment at the Veteran’s Hospital.  How can I NOT do this one?  As a daughter of a Vietnam Vet (who never talked about it when I was a kid), I try to always honor our Men and Women in uniform.


I read the description of the event – tee, route, time, etc, and my eyes about bugged out of my head when I saw that JEFF GALLOWAY – yes THE JEFF GALLOWAY – will be there to give out the awards!!! OMG, are you kidding!?!!  I quickly shot off an email to the race director, and he confirmed that yes, JG will be there. I signed up ON THE SPOT and was on cloud 9 the rest of the day. I’m gonna be able to meet Jeff and shake his hand!!!  I can’t describe how awesome I felt!!

Jeff Galloway!!!!
I grabbed my Sharpie and turned around to add this race to my calendar in my office and realized…There are only FIVE days between this race and my St Augustine 10k….

Crap!

I was so blinded by the awesomeness of the Galloway that I may have just screwed myself.  The 10k is for Proof of Time – I want to be able to kick ass on this race. Will the 5k slow me down? 

Crap…

No comments:

Post a Comment