Tabs

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

You Know the Drill (Crown, Part 2)

Now that I've been Roto-Rooter'ed out, it was time to go back to the dentist and get fitted for my crown. 

I'm an old hat at this by now.  Cassie got me bibbed up with the fabulous purple spit-bib while Dr. S numbed me up and threw down some Novocaine.

Once numbed, he came back in.  I put on my sunglasses and opened wide while he said - with a completely straight face - "Yup, you know the drill." 

Then he realized what he said and we just both giggled like teenage girls. 

Anyway, he handed me the cool sucky thing and went to work shaping my tooth.

I love being in control of the sucky-thing - I'm a moist gal
Once shaped, it was time to laser trough my gums.  Mmm, so meaty.

These are the best glasses ever!
Then, it was time to take a bite impression so that the lab could make my new crown.

The pink stuff is the goo that holds the tooth impression for the casting
Once all that was done, I was sent off on my merry way. I'll be back on New Year's Eve so I can ring in the new year with a new tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment