Tabs

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Marie Callender's Homestyle Creations Meatball Lasagna

Continuing my slump of eating at my desk (it's too cold to go out!), today I tried MC's Meatball Lasagna. It's one of those "keep it in your drawer, find it is the Soup or Pasta Aisle" type meals.

The label says it's "tomato sauce, pasta and Italian style meatballs". You get a little less than 7oz of food total, 310 calories and 9g of fat (probably from teh 'meat'). There is also 20g of protein and 6g of fiber in this little bowl.

It was kind of hard to open, but once I got the label and plastic edge-wrap off, it was pretty easy.  You take out the sauce tray and set aside, then fill with water to the little fill line.  Nuke the pasta for 3 1/2 minutes and drain.  Heat up the sauce if you want, but I nuked mine for about 20 seconds, then mixed into the pasta and it was fine.

As for flavor, I added salt and pepper before even tasting because I find prepared foods like this bland.  The sauce is nice and hearty, but not too offensive to my picky palate. No majorly huge chunks of veggies.  The pasta came out nicely, but was slightly difficult to eat with a fork, so I switched to a spoon. The meat tasted funky (almost sweet), so I didn't eat any more of that.  I added a packet of Parm cheese that was in my desk from the last time I got pizza, and that added a much nicer flavor.  I highly suggest that.

All in all, I wouldn't turn my nose up at it, but I don't think it will fill me up, especially b/c I didn't eat the meatballs.

I give it 2.75 out of 5 whatevers.

No comments:

Post a Comment