Tabs

Monday, March 15, 2021

So Glad to Be Home - Wisconsin Road Trip Day 9

After a very... rambunctious... night last night, both he and I slept in until 10! Once awake, I treated myself to a bath, though the promised "deep soaking bathtub" was supremely underwhelming. Afterwards, I woke Hubby up and we checked out at 11:30, making our way to Oglethorpe Mall. We picked up fudge (and impulsively, a bag of Cotton Candy) from Savannah Sweets (they used to have an additional location on River Street, but not for quite a while now). 

Once fudge was acquired, we discussed if there was anything else we wanted to do (I'd originally planned to do lunch at The Lady & Sons and explore Hilton Head Island), but at this point, we decided to change course and head south. 

Back in Florida! I feel like I haven't seen sunshine in weeks
We went to my favorite dive, Safe Harbor Seafood, in Mayport (north of Jacksonville). We weren't super-hungry, so we split a basket with chicken fingers and shrimp, which was just enough food for the two of us. 

They expanded! Now the fish market is across the street
Full of Mayport shrimp, we headed south to the brand-new Buc-ee's at World Golf Village, outside St. Augustine. We picked up all sorts of junk food to round out the other eighty pounds of junk food we accumulated over these past 9 days. 


From there, we made our way home. We unpacked the SUV and put everything away and then... finally... we were home. It felt great to sit on the comfy couch and curl up with the comfy throw and just... be

No comments:

Post a Comment