Tabs

Monday, September 20, 2021

The Aftermath and the Souvenirs - Anniversary Adventure Day 12

Exhausted from a long drive, and a late night, I absolutely slept in this morning!!! I lazed around the house in comfy jammie pants until it was time to return the car to the airport Avis. 

When I returned it, I was reimbursed for the $25 that we spent on the new windshield wiper (and chastised for not calling Roadside Assistance to fix it instead). I also told the clerk about the absolutely disgusting Pot Funk we dealt with this entire trip, kind of hoping that we'd be reimbursed for having to deal with it, but at least letting them know that it wasn't our funk. She said that she couldn't do anything about it and that I should have denied the vehicle instead of driving it out of the lot. As I said in the beginning of this blog series, I didn't want to be that customer who returned multiple vehicles, but it's beginning to look like that selfless decision was coming back to bite me on the butt.

It did, in fact, come back to bite me on the butt
Because I was there longer than expected, I missed the bus I needed. I could have stuck around for another half-hour for the other bus (and to be honest, I could have just walked home, because it's less than 3 miles away), but I was a tired mama, so I just called an Uber. I spent the rest of the day relaxing in between bouts of unpacking and doing laundry. 

We got tons of snacks to try, but this post is already gonna be pretty long, so you can head over to (link to be added later) for more info on what we bought, what we liked & didn't like, as well as check out a few videos we made for more in-depth and entertaining reactions!

But for now, let's check out the cool souvenirs I got!

Buc-ee's Thermal Tote
Huge Laurel Mercantile tote bag
Magnets - Oklahoma, Arkansas, Branson, Mississippi
Magnets - World's Largest Convenience Store in New Braunfels, and three Texas magnets
Magnets - Laurel Mississippi and Y'all Ain't Right (from Laurel Mercantile)
Sticker - Make Something Good Today (will turn into a magnet)
Sticker - Route 66 and Howdy! from Buc-ee's (will turn into magnets)
Tee - Buc-ee's (Hubby got the same shirt)
Tee - Joey Doesn't Share Food (bought at Buc-ee's)
Tee - New Braunfels-specific Buc-ee's tee
Long Sleeve Tee - Buc-ee's
Tee - I Was brave Enough at Shepherd of the Hills, Missouri
Tee (Back of Vigilante shirt)
Room Spray - Ponchatoula Strawberry (from Laurel Mercantile)
All in all, we travelled 3575.9 miles, across 9 states (6 new ones), for a total moving travel time of 80:16 hours! Wow!

Green = This Trip     Blue = Wisconsin Trip     Striped States = Both Trips
So, I'm sure you're curious, and I'm a numbers kinda gal, so I went ahead and broke it down to see just what the final total spent was: 


I find it interesting that Gas Station Snacks/Drinks/Magnets were actually less than I was expecting. Because of how I choose to drive, we stop at convenience stores at least 4-5 times a day, for at least a soda. I was actually expecting that to be one of the highest costs, well highest if you don't count hotels and SUV rental..! But this time around, Souvenirs and Experiences was the most expensive category, and I'm not mad about that at all... we did lots of cool shit this time! 

This total cost, split between two people, over 11 days, breaks down to only $158.09 per person per day, or $316.17 per day as a couple. It seems silly to break it down that way, but it means I can compare it to other things, like a cruise, or a trip to Disney World, and see comparative vacation costs. And for the fun we had, I would gladly spend $318 a day for that!!!

But for now, I think I'm going to hunker down on the couch with my book and have some snuggle-time with the cat, then start planning our next big adventure, wherever that may take us!

Stick around for a few additional posts about all those snacks, and the entire story I alluded to the with Spoiler Alert up there... I'm a salty girl because of what happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment