Tabs

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Quick Word of Thanks

Yeah, it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I need to thank a few people.

My general practitioner - Thank you for taking the time to listen to me when I described my headaches and what misery they've made my life. Other doctors do not understand headache sufferers and disregard their pains and sufferings. You took the time to listen to my crazy ranting and my tears before giving me a path to take to relief.  I can't thank you enough for this, for taking charge of my headaches has given me the opportunity to take charge of my LIFE and my HEALTH.

My massage therapist - I admit, when I came to you, I was the most doubtful person you've probably ever seen.  Your building smelled like hippies and there were way too many Ohms and Namastes for my taste... but you calmed my fears, and helped me to see that there are other options besides drugs for pain relief.  Now I can tell what my headaches are telling me, where they start and how they start, and what I can do to help ease the pain. I'm not headache-free by any means, but the number of headaches and the number of DEBILITATING headaches have dropped so dramatically that I am no longer living in fear of waking up in the morning and feeling pain. I can go about doing other things and not worry that it might trigger a headache.  You have also helped me to get back into life, when before I was watching it pass me by.

For as long as I can remember, how I live my daily life has been dictated by my pain. Finally, now, I can begin to live how I want to live, and I want to live my life as a healthy person.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment