Tabs

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I have joined Team Sparkle!


There is a certain subset of runners who enjoy running races in more than just shorts and a tee shirt. They like to have fun while they run.  Over the past few months, I’ve heard about Sparkle Skirts and Team Sparkle skirts. 



Confusing, right?  Yeah.  I knew that I wanted, eventually, to get a Sparkle Skirt, but they are like $70 bucks!  Hubby promised to buy me one after I finished my first 10k.  I didn’t want to wait that long for any sort of fun, so since I signed up for THREE races practically back to back to back, I wanted to Sparkle!  


 I ended up buying myself a Team Sparkle skirt in Gunmetal. I didn’t want something super-sparkly like pink or red, because what if I looked like a fool? (I mean, I AM a fat chick running in a skirt after all, what could make that even MORE foolish?)

So much sparkle!!
It showed up at work a few days later and I just fell in love with it. It’s light as air and SO shiny. I’m like that crow from The Secret of NiMH, all about the shiny…. 

Does this reference make you feel old?
When I took it home and showed the family, they pretty much just rolled their eyes at me. They don’t get it and I don’t really expect them to.

I took it for a trial run on the treadmill and I just love it even more. It didn’t get bunched up around my waist, or stuck between my thighs. It didn’t ride up. It didn’t ride down. It didn’t get in the way of my arms when I walked. Honestly, after about 5 minutes, I forgot I was wearing it!


I understand now why they say that a Team sparkle skirt makes you run faster. I can't put it into words, but I get it now!


Oh, Makayla!















No comments:

Post a Comment